Need to know


Recognition of foreign education and experience in certain professions and fields need authorisation in Norway. The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) has all the information on what and how.

Qualifications Assurance

Non EU/EEA nationals

Make sure to hold the correct permit! The Norwegian Directorate of Immigrations is responsible for processing all applications from foreign nationals wishing to live in Norway.

Look for work
Apply for visa

EU/EEA nationals

People from inside the European Union and the European Economic Area can enter Norway and stay for up to 6 months to look for work or set up a business without a residence permit, but it is still required to register with the police.

Look for work
Register in Norway